2017 Kia Optima Hybrid
Choose Your Trim:
Choose Your Trim:
Easton 2017 Optima Hybrid | Pennsylvania Kia Dealer
Kia proclaims the 2017 Optima hybrid as “Not your average Hybrid.” With efficiency, elegance, and improved aerodynamics you’ll agree.
The full Hybrid system in the 2017 Kia Optima hybrid is a cutting-edge design that pairs the electric motor with a gas direct injection engine. Both work separately giving a combination of power based on your actual driving conditions, thus providing the most optimal fuel efficiency (39-city and 46-highway).
There are more elements other than it being more cost efficient with the improved fuel efficiency, that make this sedan a smarter hybrid. The updated powertrain and new 6-speed automatic transmission with more compact new 2-liter gasoline direct injection (GDI) engine provide a combined 271- lb.-ft. of torque. You get energy savings all throughout.
The new shape partnered with the technology under the hood provide maximized savings on fuel economy without neglecting performance. The active air closes the front air flow at specific speeds and temperatures to help boost fuel efficiency and cut down on the excess wind noise. The battery is lightweight, high density and re-engineered to provide 13% more energy and 19 % more power. Recharging occurs every time you decelerate while the regenerative braking uses kinetic energy to recharge the electric motor’s battery. The result is more energy stored.
The exterior provides the visual appeal of the future with modern design including the bold Kia signature glossy black tiger-nose grille and exclusive alloy wheel design. Style continuing with a unique front bumper, available LED headlights, matte chrome detailing on door handles and alongside windows, updated bumper and eco emblem, unique to the Optima Hybrid.
Though it is evident at first glance, you can verify by digging a little deeper; the Optima Hybrid was crafted with intention. The Hybrid was designed to provide less drag with an air flap that opens and closes based on your speed and temperature to aid in cooling the gas engine, decreasing drag and maximizing fuel.
Inside your Hybrid, you see the control panel displayed on your dash with a thin film transistor LCD clarity. Here you can track your battery charge, MPG, driving style, and more. Displayed on your center console you can monitor your advanced hybrid system as it switches intelligently between electric motor and gas engine suiting your driving conditions. Utilizing electric power to start-up and low-speed driving, and both gas and electric at full acceleration.
The interior is spacious with available heated and ventilated front seats, 60/40 split-folding seats, thanks to the battery pack placed under the floor, 12- way driver seat adjust with 4-way lumbar support and 10-way power adjustable front passenger seat with 2-lumbar support settings. Your Center console is clean and crisp delivering intuitive control. Noise-reducing insulation helps keep the sounds of the road where they belong. A heated leather steering wheel is available as well as available rear side-window sunshade to help keep the heat and rays outside or warm up those hands, maintaining a comfortable driving experience. You have plenty of cargo space and storage options for trips or excursions.
The Optima Hybrid is loaded with technology. With advanced Led lighting technology, evening driving is clear with the Dynamic bending light giving site to every corner by adjusting the pattern and angle of the headlight beam. Self-adjusting high beam assist detects approaching vehicles and auto dims your lights from high to low.
The Smart Key provides a push button start and available electronic parking brake both engaged with just the push of a button. While the UVO eServices connect to Apple Car Play and Android Auto allowing you to connect via your smartphone. Make calls, send texts, play your music and navigate your way. Access apps via display and even set alerts for speed limits, curfews, and geo-fencing via My Car Zone.
Safety is key with Kia, add in technology advances that Kia is known for and you have one pretty amazing Hybrid. Designed with Iso-structure made with 53% advanced high strength steel, the Optima Hybrid is everything you want in a Hybrid. The interior has airbags all around with high-tech sensors that detect the level of impact and presence of front passenger to control airbag inflation. Then, safety features like Traction Control System help avoid spin out, Electronic stability Control helps maintain course with stability, Vehicle Stability Management offers increased steering control while driving in harsh road conditions, Hill-start Assist Control keeps your Hybrid in place while you move off an incline., Electronic Brake force Distribution helps deliver more consistent braking as weight load and distribution change, Anti-Lock Braking Systems helps reduce skidding, while Brake assist System senses emergency braking situations increasing braking when necessary.
But that’s not all! Autonomous Emergency Braking assist driver, detects and monitors vehicles ahead, AEB brakes automatically when senses a frontal crash may occur, Forward Collision Warning System alerts you when an unforeseen impact with an object ahead may occur, Cruise control using radar technology automatically slows your Hybrid or accelerates as needed while maintaining a safe distance between you and the driver ahead.
- Fuel Type:regular unleaded
- name:Hybrid Engine
- fuelType:regular unleaded
- manufacturerEngineCode:Theta II
- Drivetrain, 10 Years, 100000/L Miles
- Rust, 5 Years, 100000/L Miles
- Roadside, 5 Years, 60000/L Miles
- Basic, 5 Years, 60000/L Miles
- Hybrid Component, 10 Years, 100000/L Miles
- Satellite Communications:UVO eServices
- External Temperature Gauge
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Trip Computer
Front Passenger Seat
- Height Adjustable Passenger Seat
- Passenger Seat Manual Adjustments:6
1st Row Seats
- 1st Row Seat Type:bucket
- Adjustable Seat Headrest
- 1st Row Upholstery:cloth
- 1st Row Headrests:2
- Seat Whiplash Protection
- 2nd Row Leg Room:35.6
- 1st Row Hip Room:56.0
- 2nd Row Shoulder Room:56.4
- 1st Row Head Room:39.8
- 1st Row Leg Room:45.5
- 2nd Row Head Room:37.8
- 2nd Row Hip Room:56.0
- 1st Row Shoulder Room:58.1
- Power Outlet(s):12V
- Steering Wheel Adjustments:tilt and telescopic
- Cruise Controls On Steering Wheel
- Steering Wheel Trim:leather
- Audio Controls On Steering Wheel
- Phone Controls On Steering Wheel
- Cupholders Location:front and rear
- Door Pockets Location:front and rear
- Overhead Console
- Center Console:front console with storage
- Front Air Conditioning Zones:dual
- Front Air Conditioning:automatic climate control
- Rear Heat:rear ventilation ducts
- Air Filtration
- Height Adjustable Driver Seat
- Driver Seat Adjustable Lumbar
- Driver Seat Power Adjustments:6
2nd Row Seats
- Folding 2nd Row:split folding
- 2nd Row Seat Type:bench
- Adjustable 2nd Row Headrests
- 2nd Row Headrests:2
- 2nd Row Center Armrest:folding with pass-thru
- AM/FM, Single CD Player, 6 Speakers, Sirius XM
- Headlights Auto Delay:auto delay off
- Headlights Dusk Sensor:dusk sensing
- 1st Row Vanity Mirrors
- Turn Signal Side Mirrors
- Exterior Mirror Adjustment:power
- Heated Exterior Mirrors:heated
- Overall Width Without Mirrors:73.2
- Minimum Ground Clearance:5.1
- Overall Length:191.1
- Overall Height:57.5
- One Touch Windows:2
- Power Windows
- Intermittent Front Wipers:variable intermittent
- Rear Defogger
- 2nd Row Center Seatbelt:3-point belt
- Rear Brake Type:disc
- Front Brake Type:ventilated disc
- Antilock Braking System:4-wheel ABS
- Braking Assist
- Regenerative Braking System
- Engine Immobilizer
- Power Door Locks:hands-free entry
- Anti Theft Alarm System
- Head Airbags:front and rear
- Passenger Airbag Deactivation
- Side Airbags:dual front
- Knee Airbags:driver only